

This past weekend I thought I'd support my job at the YWCA and run the 5k. It was a fundraiser put on by the YWCA and the U of U Physicians for Humans Rights. It wasn't as organized as I would have liked but it was fun. There was a bunch of really competitive guys, it was funny to watch them warm up. It was pretty much all an uphill run. Event though it was only 3 miles my thighs were killing me! It was a fun run/walk meant to funraise so no wonder I placed 15 out of 109 people.
I've been running a lot more since I made a post on the Craigslist requesting female running buddies. I have yet to run with someone who really pushes me yet though. I'm excited to run the Ogden Half-Marathon (13 miles) and continue traing for a full Marathon (26.5 miles). My husband has ran a couple times with me and he is really good...too bad he hates it. My little brother Steve plans to run the Ogden with me, we'll see if he makes it because hasn't trained at all. I'm taking him on a ten mile run this weekend:)
I've been running a lot more since I made a post on the Craigslist requesting female running buddies. I have yet to run with someone who really pushes me yet though. I'm excited to run the Ogden Half-Marathon (13 miles) and continue traing for a full Marathon (26.5 miles). My husband has ran a couple times with me and he is really good...too bad he hates it. My little brother Steve plans to run the Ogden with me, we'll see if he makes it because hasn't trained at all. I'm taking him on a ten mile run this weekend:)
2 comments:
When is the Ogden 1/2 marathon? That will be fun! I wonder if Steve is going to be able to make it??? It should be interesting!
Wow, I'm so proud of you! That is a really good time. I've been running lately and haven't even touched your time. You inspire me. Running is rough. I don't blame your hubby for not liking it. I have to make myself do it.
Post a Comment