


I did it! I finished my first race to kick off the season. When my husband drove me up Emigration Canyon to the start of the race, I was surprised at how long it was. I kept thinking "What did I get myself into?" The last long run I did was in 2005. I needed to run this race to motivate myself to continue training for a marathon.
a scenic run. The lake was frozen and their was still snow throughout the canyons, it was freezings during some parts of the run but I was bundled up in my dry weave running gear. I finished in 1:41. I honestly thought I was the last one because It seemed like everyone passed me up. Once I got to the finish line I notice that their was still swarms of people coming after me. That run has inspired me to train a lot more. I've just been working 60 hours a week so I haven't had as much time. Once May 2nd rolls around I'll be finished with my full time job and I'll have a lot more time to train.
I'm so sore today, hopefully it won't be so bad tomorrow.
Pictures to come soon.
a scenic run. The lake was frozen and their was still snow throughout the canyons, it was freezings during some parts of the run but I was bundled up in my dry weave running gear. I finished in 1:41. I honestly thought I was the last one because It seemed like everyone passed me up. Once I got to the finish line I notice that their was still swarms of people coming after me. That run has inspired me to train a lot more. I've just been working 60 hours a week so I haven't had as much time. Once May 2nd rolls around I'll be finished with my full time job and I'll have a lot more time to train.
I'm so sore today, hopefully it won't be so bad tomorrow.
Pictures to come soon.
2 comments:
It motivated all of us to see you running such a long race! But after a two mile WALK, Simi and I decided that we were not the "marathon running type". Bikes would be fun though! We will have to see if we can get in shape to ride a long bike race with the boys! And we need to find out when that kiddy race is so that Braxten can start training for it! I think we will take him to the track, and just let him run as much as he wants! It will be fun to watch. :)
You're amazing!! I'm excited for our lunch next week. Thanks again for being the best babysitter ever for our kid!
Janelle
Post a Comment