
Derek turned 28 today just six days after I turned 27. According to Astrologists’ we are...Adaptable, versatile, communicative, witty, intellectual, eloquent, youthful and lively. Hurray for us, we’re a great match. I consider my self blessed to have Derek in my life, we are happily in love. I’m not going to get all sentimental…that’s just not me. I figure I’d share something silly instead.
Does anyone remember the fabric padded, laced photo albums we typically make in 2th or 3rd grade? I can’t remember how young we were but it’s really fun read what was written when we were so young. My album was white with blue polka dots. Skofeid, our puppy decided he didn’t like the smell; he destroyed it just two days after my husband convinced me to bring it home from my dad’s house. The album is a biography of you and your family.
My album is painfully embarrassing, I didn’t know how to spell and the stories I told seemed so bogus. Reading it makes me think ‘Dang, where the heck were my parents and why didn’t they help me?’ My album is disorganized; some pages are type written with a type writer while other pages were written in cursive. I found one page that was type written but I guest the ink ran out so the rest of it is written in my sloppy cursive.
In contrast, Derek’s album is perfect in every way. I guess he liked polka dots too because his album is red with white dots, it is nicely trimmed with white lace and two ribbons to tie it shut. Inside you will find that each page has neat cursive writing and each picture is properly labeled. His spelling and punctuation was excellent (I guess it helps to have native English speaking parents to help right? LOL).
Anyhow, I love, love reading Derek’s album. He wrote sweet things about his mother and father and funny things about his brother. His writing was simple, honest and positive; I find so much humor in reading it. Here is an excerpt from Derek’s personal essay on himself, written while he was in elementary:
“When I was one and a half I always have a pacifier. I had one in each hand and one in my mouth. If I lost one or someone took it away I would cry until I got it back. Once I lost one I had to have my dad go and buy me one at the store.”

Captions written Derek himself when he was a child “I loved my rapers they were fun”

“Me on my own first birthday with a nice hat”
Derek has several pictures of himself as a baby with a pacifier in at least one hand and one in his mouth. He was such a cute kid and he has become a very handsome adult. Happy Birthday Honey
Picture taken today, we love playing Mario Cart it is so addicting!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to your sweet husband. What a cute baby he was and was a handsome guy he is now...hope that's okay that I said that. LOL
Happy Birthday Derek!
I hate to think what "stories" you wrote about your brother...That could be scary.
Post a Comment