Sunday, August 23, 2009

Only in West Virginia



Saturday morning I met up with several women in my ward (their husbands are 2nd year in medical students). It was pouring rain but we all wanted yummy rasberries and I had never been berry picking before.



Left to Right: Me, Sammy Fredricks,Emily Loder-holding Benjamin Fredricks(Derek served his mission with her husband Bryce Loder),Lisa Fredricks-Micheal, Racheal Lewis and Arianna.



Racheal & Becki in the backround, don't they look so happy picking fresh rasberries?



Yum! 1 lb rasberries $3.00, I thought the price was a bit much at first but I ended up getting a lot for my money.

I forgot to mention that I recieved a calling at church, I am the 2nd Counselor in the Primary for children. The kids are great,I look forward to teaching them and participating in all the activities that we have planned for the year. I took several pictures of the children, they were having so much fun. The Fredricks brothers are the best behaved in class so naturally I favor them.









West Virginia State Fair August 15-22,2009


Joey and Kathyrn were quiet excited to ride on the elephants. I told Derek that we should invest in an elephant. We would make millions charging $5/person x 5 persons per ride. The ride only lasts less than 2 minutes.




We weren't very interested in riding the over priced calapsable rides ($6 and up per ride), but we were excited to try all the deep fried goodies! We stood in lines that lasted forever just to try all the deep fried calorie rich food.



This line was over an hour but we were told that we had to try a cinnimon roll if we went to the fair. It was well worth the wait, it was delicious. Derek and I shared a roll.



I've heard about the battered dipped deep fried candy bar but I'd never purchase one and eat it. Our friend James has a sweet tooth sweeter than Dereks, he bought a fried Milky Way and we all tried it. It taste like a mixture of grease and chocolate...gross. And we wonder why obesity is pandemic in America!


and last but not least, a few of my favorite girls!

5 comments:

Married Mannings said...

Congrats on your new calling!! We love the Primary!! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun...

The Lewis Family said...

I've been having sooo much fun with you, Becky, and Kathryn. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend, you are truly amazing Nativa!! I took some of your pictures again. Hope you're feeling better...

Simi B. Cazeau said...

I'm glad you have some great sisters out there too keep you busy. Keep the posts coming!! We love you..The Cazeau's. Braxten say's he'll score a goal for you and Derek...GO GREEN MONSTERS!!

Julie Knowlton said...

Hi Nativa! You guys look like you are having lots of fun out there! It looks beautiful. I'm also glad you have met such great people. :)

Jo Lynn said...

What a great calling for you and wow, you guys had an elephant at your fair? Crazy! Sounds like you guys have been having a blast and I'm so glad you have some awesome girls to hang out with. Raspberry picking sounds wonderful, too bad I couldn't join ya.