
Once upon a time when I was single, I was in total control of my own space. My clothes were organized by color, my seasonal clothes were packed away based on what season it was and my shoes placed in a nice row. Now that I'm married at times it's hard to keep things organized. I'm in no way saying my husband and I are sloppy, it was due to a lack of time. The first two years of marriage I worked two jobs and when I wasn't working, I was training for an upcoming race. Derek was taking a few classes and working full-time, when he wasn't working he was working on his Medical school applications. When I was home the last thing I wanted to do was organize and we don't live like slobs either. If you can imagine nearly three years of paper work jammed into our desk drawers, tons of clothes stored in our closet (some I hadn't worn since my skinner days)and old unecessary stuff. I finally decided it was time to organize EVERYTHING. I guess some call it "Nesting" because my motivation is our son, who will be here in just two months!!
I'm so excited for my mother and grandmother to come out and help. We bought a guest bed to make sure they will be comfortable (thanks to our nice tax return, our hard work paid off last year). After sleeping on an air matress, I don't wish to do that to my guests. We just need a few more items to finish the nursery, other than that our files are in order (we no longer will have to spend hours looking for specific documents), closets are organized and our guest room is ready!
Derek has been slammed with tests nearly every week.
He's also been sick, we thought it was allergies at first but he's been consistantly coughing for almost two weeks. It's been tough because he hasn't had much time to rest due to all the studying, but his hard work has been rewarded. He was invited to apply and interview for the Honor Society. I'm so proud of him, he works so hard to do well.Stay tuned for a pregnancy update next week. I'll be 30 weeks this week!
2 comments:
Can't wait to see little Filete(oh snap did i just guess the name?)Dang i'm good.
No Simi that is a funk name...what is it Tongan? Sounds like a fish or something, keep guessing you'll never guess what it is but nice try.
Post a Comment