I surprised him with balloons and his favorite candies. On Saturday we drove to Beckley (45 min) to celebrate at the Outback Steakhouse. Derek hasn't been eating much meat my entire pregnancy so we thought he deserved a steak. I ordered the pasta and we were both very pleased with our meal.
Derek will be starting his research with Dr. Bridges on Tuesday, June 1st. He will be conducting research detecting diabetes, the analase marker will determine who is more likely to be predisposed to diabetes. We both wish that we could travel back home to visit but with the baby due date coming up we will be spending the entire summer here. All of our friends will be visiting home...we are so envious that they get to see their families.
Speaking of baby, our Doctor continues to tell us that our baby is very large (even with the sugar free diet!). It's still too early to determine whether or not I need to be induced. I feel like my skin can't stretch any more than it has but every week I grow a little bigger. My energy has been sapped by the heat, this entire week has been in 90's. I feel like a beached wale...my body is collapsing under all the baby weight. It's official, my hands and feet are swollen. I'm really sad that I can't wear my wedding ring. I'd still be wearing it if my husband hadn't scared me into taking it off, he knows of people who have had to get their rings cut off due to severe swelling. I'm happy that my husband will be available to help more. The last time we went shopping at Wal-mart I lasted 30 minutes on my feet before I had to sit down. I feel like I do calf raises all day, my legs seem to always be throbbing with some sort of discomfort.
I treated myself to a pedicure, I thought it would help these swollen feet look a little better.
My swollen hands, my ring size was once 5 1/2 but this band is a size 7 (I used to wear it on my middle finger and it was still loose, not anymore!)
Your probably wondering, what's up with the ridiculously long nails? I'm always the first to tell my mom to cut her nails (I take after her when it comes to my hands) I'm just seeing how long they actually get before the baby gets here. I'll cut him once he arrives, I wouldn't want to scratch him:)
Latest profile picture taken today.
To those who visit, I apologize ahead of time. I typically sweep the floor at least once a day due to the pet hair that drives me nuts!...I have let that go. The office, I don't even try to maintain a clean space anymore...I have let that go. Our kitchen, I can't stand dirty dishes in the sink, counter space taken up by left out food and the kitchen table which has been converted into my sewing workspace. Fabric scraps, fur, crumbs are tossed about the floor...yes, I have let that go as well. Laundry gets washed and dried but often stays in the dryer for a couple days before I get around to folding it. I literally feel so sapped of energy that I barley manage to cook up meal (Derek has been doing most of the cooking even during his hectic schedule with school). I know I'm making myself out to sound like a lazy nag but its just been this way for the past couple of weeks. This week I set goals to wake up early enough to resume walking for at least 30 minutes a day. I have my husband as a work out buddy now too:)
2 comments:
Your nails are soooo long!! I'm so excited for you. You two will be great parents!
How exciting, first year down!!! You're almost there and I know the last couple months are terrible..I'm so sorry! It will all end, I know not soon enough, but it will. Love the pedicure and I'm sorry you're prego in the worst months ever. I'm so happy for you, you guys are going to be parents soon!!!! Is your Mom going to come out and stay with you? You look beautiful, glowing! :)
Post a Comment