After over 48 hours in the hospital, I was ready to bring our son home. The Nurses were great, they took really good care of us but I was anxious to be in the comforts of my own home. We were fortunate to have my father-in-law visit during our stay at the hospital. We live so far away from family and we were thankful to share our joy with family.
Acalias meeting Grandpa David, about 30 minutes after delivery.
Acalias slept the entire time while we were in the hospital. Our first night home, he decided to stay awake all night long. Thankgoodness my mom flew in on Monday and with her help we were able to get some sleep.
Acalias being smothered with kisses by Grandma Cindy
For the most part our son sleeps the majority of the day. I love watching him sleep, I'm still amazed that my husband and I created him. My mom says that he looks like Derek when he's asleep and he looks like me when he's awake.
We had our first Doctor appointment on Tuesday. Acalias wasn't too happy about being undressed and weighed. He sprayed down the entire scale with his urine.
Our little family, shortly after his first appointment. They pricked his heal again so we left the shoe off the foot that was pricked.
We have nicknamed our son bananna hands, his hands are so big and they tend to get in the way when I'm trying to feed him.
When his hands arn't flailing everywhere, he has his index finger pointed as to say "I'm #1", we think it's pretty hillarious.
Acalias is very alert for a newborn, Grandma Milar sent us this bouncer and he seemed to really enjoy it.
His flailing bananna hands helped to activate the sounds on this toy.
We didn't want Grandma Cindy to have to spend the entire time in our little apartment. We took her to the Farmer's Market and we strolled around down town while she looked at the Antique stores (which she really enjoys).
This week has flown by way too fast. We're thankful Grandma Cindy spent an entire week with us. We've been well fed, well rested and our home is the cleanest it has been in a long time.
Grandma's love is so evident for Acalias, I really enjoyed watching her smother our son with love.
2 comments:
You look great Nativa. I am so happy for the two of you.
He is adorable. And you look great! Glad you are all doing well and are so happy.
Post a Comment