Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Month Mark



I can't believe my baby is already one month old. It seems like we just barley brought him home from the hospital. I've stopped calling him "banana hands" and now call him "chunky monkey". He can eat...A LOT! It seems like every time he's awake he's eating. My nurse says he's going through a growth spurt so it's not unusual to feed him more often in the evening time.



Dad needs to get this book read before the first day of class. He is reading it to me but it's not as exciting as moms breast milk so I think I'll take a nap.


Mom and I having a conversation in Spanish. I like to be rocked in this glider while listening to Baby Mozart.


Although I've taken up all Mom and Dads attention, this is my protector. He's always by my side once I start crying.


Smiling at mama. He's been smiling a lot more often, typically after he eats. It's fun to see his dimples that are only revealed with a huge grin. His dimple is on his right cheek.


Adorable, need I say more?


Grandma Nativa has been helping out for 2 weeks now. It's been so VERY nice to have her. She's 79 years old, but the woman is like an energizer bunny. She cooks AMAZING food, no matter how hard I try I've never been able to make my food taste like hers. When she's not cooking, she's cleaning the house or doing laundry. Our dog Skofeild loves her because she pays attention to him. He now follows her around the house and asks her to be let out when he needs to potty. Grandma also goes on walks with me and baby almost every day.



Acalias is typically fussy from 11pm to about 1am. Derek and I try everything to comfort him but sometimes we get so tired and Grandma is always right there to take him off our hands. She has some kind of magical trick up her sleeve because as soon as he goes to her he falls asleep.

It's been so fun to watch Grandma and our son, she seems so content just holding him. She has told me stories of how she helped out when I was first born and how blessed she feels to be helping out with our son. I've convinced her to come back every year (if her health permits of course).


One last thing...check out our Basil! It's the only herb along with Oregano that has thrived to live. I think I over watered the seeds, I'll try again because I was really looking forward to all the other herbs that I had planted.

5 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

He's so adorable Nativa!And yes the time goes by very very quickly. (We used to call Arianna chunks and now we call her Spanky.)

LAINA said...

He is ADORABLE. So cute. I am sure even more cute in person. Those pictures with your grandmother are priceless, they are so sweet.

Also, I love that him and your dog are getting along so well. He is going to LOVE him.

Hope you are doing well. It sounds like you are.

Brooke said...

He is SO CUTE!!!! I wish I could hold him!

Simi B. Cazeau said...

Man I can't wait to introduce myself to him...

Married Mannings said...

Love the smiling pics. He's so so so cute!