Flashback to my first trimester of pregnancy. I met with a Nurse/Nutritionist who told me that based on my BMI, I was considered overweight. I chuckled inside because the Nutritionist herself looked like she could lose a few pounds herself, so who is she to tell me I'm overweight (at the time before learning that I was pregnant, I was working really hard to lose all the happy weight I'd gained since getting married). I was told that I could only gain 25 pounds during my pregnancy. I gained 40 lbs.
After 6 weeks of recovery and an approval from my doctor, I registered for Weight Watchers and a Half-marathon to help me shed the weight. It has taken me 7 weeks to lose the remaining 17 lbs after my recovery. I'm pleased at how fast the weight is coming off, I know that breast feeding has significantly contributed to my weight loss efforts. Acalias is always ravenous with hunger.
This recent picture can attest to my son eating habits. Check out those pudgy cheeks.
I wish I could happily conclude by saying "HOORAY I'm back into all my clothes!" Unfortunately I wasn't so happy about my weight before I got pregnant so my journey continues. My goal is my pre-marriage weight which I don't plan on revealing until I meet my goal. I live by the motto "If you look good, you feel good and if you feel good you do good."
I chose the title "Patience" for this post because of my experience two weeks after giving birth to Acalias. I know that it took me 9 months to gain all the baby weight but I really wanted to leave the hospital and look as I did pre-pregnancy. Unrealistic I know, but I was hoping. Two weeks after giving birth, I felt really good, I had started walking on the treadmill and I thought all the swelling had gone down so I decided to put my wedding ring back on. Bad idea. That evening I noticed my finger swelling and I tried to take off my ring. It wouldn't budge. I went to sleep thinking by morning the swelling would go down but it didn't.

This picture was taken with my cell phone camera while in route to the jewelers.
We had to get it cut off. I cried like a baby, not because it hurt but because my wedding ring has a lot of sentimental value to me. Not to mention, I felt stupid for thinking that I was fully recovered after having give birth just two weeks prior to the situation. The jeweleres were so kind and understanding, they measured my finger to re size my ring.
I picked up my ring a week later and it fit just right, it was sized up from a 5 1/2 to a size 7. Last week I had to take it back in because my ring was so big it flopped around my finger. I was afraid I would lose my ring in a drain. It was sized back down to a little over size 5 1/2. This situation could have been avoided had I been patient. I learned my lesson, patience is a virtue.
2 comments:
Que tenga mejor paciencia!
Oh my goodness, that is so me right now! I want to wear my rings, but I'm scared one day I won't get them off! So sad!!! I'm so proud of you, you are among the women that I wish I could be..it took two years to get all my baby weight off! I didn't shed the lbs till I weaned Savannah at 12 months!! Not fair, but hopefully this second time around will be different. You go girl!! I'm already planning on running a half marathon in May of next year and a bunch of 5k and 10k before that so help me out. I'm so sorry you had to get it cut off, I'd feel the same way!!! Cant' wait to see you next month!!!
Post a Comment