When we arrived, Damion picked us up and Grandpa “with the Cats” (the other grand kids came up with that nick name for him) came along to see us. Acalias had changed so much since Grandpa had last seen him in June, it was fun to see him observe grandpa.

It was so nice to be on familiar roads and see the beautiful mountains again. It almost felt like we were returning home from a 3rd world country. We live in such a rural part of West Virginia where roads don't get plowed and shopping/restaurants are limited. It was such a great feeling to be home.
On Sunday we attended my old home ward, I hadn't visited since I returned home from my mission in 2005. I invited my brother and his family to meet us there. It was nice to see all the faces I grew up with, Bishop Kemp invited me to share my testimony in the Christmas program. It was honor to share my gratitude for my Savior during the Christmas season and to the members who were so kind and loving toward me in my Youth and during my mission. It's neat to think about how the people in our lives can influence us, the Lord had placed them in my life at the right time.
Afterwards we visited Grandpa JR and Great grandma Nativa. Grandpa JR had never met Acalias and was amazed at how big he was.

Grandma cooked up some delish Haitian food, we enjoyed reminiscing about our childhood with dad while Grandma sang her French songs to Acalias. I think he remembered her voice, she sang to him a lot during his first month of life and it always calmed him down.

Here he is playing with Tio Simi. I thought Acalias would be more apprehensive with all the unfamiliar family but he was so happy to have so much attention.

Hanging out with Grandma Cindy.

Meeting Grandpa and Grandma Milar.

Alec and Zoe loved playing peek-a-boo with Acalias.

We traveled on the Frontrunner to Salt Lake to see the lights on temple square.

We miss living so far away from the temple.

Here we are playing a board game and stuffing our faces with yummy white chocolate pretzel/chex mix. This particular game was so much fun! Settlers of Catan...I never did win, the 2 hour time difference always made so drowsy by 7pm and passed out by 9pm. Everyone else played all night.

Braxten had wrestling tournament that he invited us to. It was so intense my heart almost pounded out of my chest. I felt bad for the boy's he wrestled, many cried and wanted to quit while their competative parents screamed at them to keep wrestling. I think I'll put Acalias in tennis..a non-contact, less intense sport.


We met up with a few of our close friends, Laina was my visiting teaching companion and Beezer was my visiting teacher. We're so thankful for our family and friends in our life, we felt so loved by those of you who called us and made an effort to visit with us during the busy Christmas season.
2 comments:
great shots of Braxten breaking his opponents down!
WOW! I made it onto you blog. That is all I ever hoped for.
It looks as though your visit was filled with so much fun!
It really was great to see you and Acalias (sorry if I spelled it wrong) is so adorable, I just can't get over it.
Post a Comment