Derek completed his Surgery Rotation!
It was really tense and really difficult to be positive while being yelled out all day for four weeks.
He starts his E.R Rotation on Monday and he is very excited for it.
I'm constantly playing referee, in this house it's Acalias vs.Skofield.
Guess it's preparation for what life will be like with a second child. Not going to happen for another 3 years!
Acalias believes that Skoey's toys are his, and he refuses to share his own toys. The other day Skofeild suddenly started going ballistic, when I came to check on them Acalias had put Skoeys toys into his toy which made it impossible for Skofeild to get back. Wish I caught it on tape, it was a ridiculous argument between the two.
Skofeild believes that whenever Acalias gets a treat, he merits one as well. He will chase Acalias around the house and nudge him and even eat food right out his hand. Drives me nuts but maybe Skoeys actions will help Acalias become a sharing person in the future.
I registered for this this marathon on April 28, 2012!!!
Two days after I signed up for it, my treadmill of 5 years died on me. Great....I felt so disheartened, it's been two weeks. I linked up with the local running group and have been running harder then I ever have (8:30 min/miles) in my life! Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, one of the runners said "I hope you don't take offence to this but I'm glad that your treadmill broke down!". Everyone is super friendly, we meet at 4:50 am weekdays and 6:30am weekends. Crazy I know, I never thought I'd be running in freezing cold weather so early in the morning, but I've enjoyed it very much. I wear this headlamp and this reflective vest and Skofeild wears this! I'm confident that I will reach my goal of running the marathon in less than 5 hours this time around.
Derek and I have decided that Heavenly Father created toddlers extra cute because they get it to so much trouble. Just when I think that Acalias couldn't get any cuter he does. He also is into everything, he loves the drawers in the kitchen and bathroom. Just recently he has learned the discomforts of a poopy diaper. He will notify us of this by sticking his finger in his diaper and shoving his finger along with it's bodily contents in our faces...gross! We love him though here are some recent fun clips of him.
It's been a Pumpkin bonanza in this household this month. We purchased a huge pumpkin that we never got around to carving so I steamed it and pureed it. We had 5 bags of it in the freezer so we've tried out these recipes and loved them: creamy pumpkin soup, low fat pumpkin bread with pepitas replaced the pepitas with mini chocolate chips, low fat pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin spiced oatmeal pecan cookies, crockpot turkey white bean pumpkin soup
I made my first dress! I've made skirts & shirts in the past but never anything that I really loved. I purchased a bunch of patterns on sale and made this dress that I'm so excited about.
Pattern $3.59 + 1 1/2 yards fabric $7.58+ thread $2.99= $14.00 Sweet deal eh!
Pattern $3.59 + 1 1/2 yards fabric $7.58+ thread $2.99= $14.00 Sweet deal eh!
No more coveting Kate Middleton, Alison Sweeney (Host for The Biggest Loser reality show), Kelli Williams (Dr. Gilllian Foster-Lie To Me cast member) Michelle Obama, Jackie Kennedy Onassis type dresses, I will create my own style with a vintage flare!







5 comments:
Dang your getting into this sewing thing aren't you? Well, good for you..Love the part with Aca smearing the poop in the face haha..
wow love the dress, i cant read a pattern. to bad you live hours away otherwise i would have you teach me. Sounds like you are doing well, miss you!
Your dress soooo cute!! You are so talented. I'm super jealous of you.
You look amazing in your dress!
Also, just to answer your question. Sometimes the kids nap at the same time so I will read then. Otherwise I read often in the evenings since they are both in bed by 8:30pm. I read a ton while Thane was finishing up secondary applications.
LOVE the dress!!! SO IMPRESSED! If I can get my butt skinny, will you make me one!?!? :)
The picture of Acalias are ADORABLE!!! Love and miss that little guy!
Post a Comment