Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Pioneer's Day

Today I couldn't wake up for the life of me so I didn't get to run my favorite race of the year. I love running the Salt Lake race because random people cheer for you and it’s very motivational to me. Last time I ran it someone stood in the road and tried to convince the runners to take a cinnamon roll. I thought I should ration my breath to finish the race rather than take a roll, as tempting as it was.

I spent the day with some of my favorite “goo factories” (what my husband calls children). My sister-in-law and my nephews went to the parade. I got a great work out charring Audric on my shoulders. It was such a hot day and the floats were entertaining for the boys for about a ½ hour. We later went to the Tracy Aviary and looked at the birds, it’s more fun with kids around, and they say and do the funniest things. Braxton didn’t hesitate to say “Mom it stinks in here, lets go now!” On the way out we randomly ran into my dad and Christina. They had been at the park the whole day as well. Audric is so attached to his grandpa







We spent the rest of the day in my nice air-conditioned apartment. I babysat my friend’s daughter Hazel, she is a calm, quiet little girl. She had so much fun playing with my nephews and Skofeild.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That totaly sounds like Braxton. I love that kid. Congrats on the race. I wish I was as motivated as you are.

The Phipps: said...

I dont know about calm and quiet but she sure is cute! Thanks for coming over the other night--we enjoyed it and we should do it again soon!

Janelle