Thursday, April 22, 2010

In Full Bloom, 30 Week Update




It's official, I can not see my toes! Time to treat myself to a pedicure!!!!



According to my book What to expect when you're expecting I should be experiencing the following:

Stronger, more frequent fetal activity-
Definitely, he's most active early in the morning and when I'm laying down. He hates when I fold my arms across my chest or place anything on my belly. He can also recognize his daddy's voice, at the sound of it he tends to squirm around.

Heartburn, indigestion-
Tumbs goes everywhere with me. My stomach always feels like it's in my throat especially when I eat dairy products.

Leg cramps-
This week I haven't taken Skofeild out for a walk at all and I have no desire to do my pregnancy yoga video

Backache-
Nothing new to me but at times it seems more extreme

Stretch marks-
Not yet...and I hope not ever! My belly gets a lathering of Coco Butter twice a day. Hopefully the humidity here will help too.

Difficulty sleeping-
I can't ever find a comfortable position and when I do, I either need to get up to use the potty or the baby starts kicking

Pelvic pressure & Achiness-
I try not to wobble but I do...I know I look funny but I guess that's part of pregnancy

On a positive note, the great thing about being pregnant is people seem to be more polite. People open doors for me, I get food served to me first. I love being treated special. I also really enjoy feeling our son move, sometimes it wakes me up but it is truly a miracle to have a baby growing inside of me.

I have an ultra sound scheduled for Monday, now that I'm in my 3rd trimester appointments are scheduled every other week. Last week I was told he was still measuring big. I'll keep you updated.

7 comments:

LAINA said...

Heartburn was the worst. Tums went everywhere with me too.

The pregnancy waddle is a given , there is no way to walk comfortable without waddling, it looks cute on pregnant women.

As for the upside of being pregnant, I think what you listed it just about it. People treat you wonderfully making you feel extra special, you get to feel your baby moving inside you which is amazing, and you get the benefit of bringing life into the world.

Other than that we just hold on tight and wait for it all to end.

You look great. Good luck with the next little bit. He will be here before you know it. Hooray!

Mollie said...

Oh! I am so excited for you! You are twice as pregnant as I am :) I'm just about 15 weeks. But we get to find out what it is next week. So excited! You look adorable!

Jo Lynn said...

Oh sweetheart, being prego just stinks all around!!! I don't appreciate girls who say they love this, there is nothing to love about any of it..well except at the end. :) Love the belly shots, you're almost there! I will be sending a gift soon, we are in the process of moving into our new house and I'm feeling super tired and super nausea all the time..again joys of being prego! Love ya

Simi B. Cazeau said...

As a guys stand point pregnancy overall bites! This is what I experienced with the 3 pregnancies:
1st-Emotional and many false alarms
2nd-Honery
3rd-Emotional, Honery, and bossy.
But once they came I forgot about all these symptoms. But then it comes back after you talk about having another one LOL. Just kidding Stacy

Brooke said...

Feeling the baby move is SO awesome! (I swear for months after my babies were born I had phantom belly kicks :)
Sad we are missing you and the cute belly! Can't wait to meet our new nephew- he is going to be HANDSOME!!!
Love you guys!

m said...

Awww...hang in there girl! I'm very happy and excited for you to have your little one soon. You look so cute prego! Good luck w/ the remainder of the pregnancy & best wishes to you and Derek!

Mollie said...

We are having a boy too! Our little guys can be pen pals :)