I had what I think was my last ultra sound last Monday. My doctor has been telling me for the past month that I'm measuring ahead of schedule. A couple of weeks ago he told me to cut back on the refined sugar. For some reason his advice triggered me do the exact opposite.
Last Monday he gave me the stats of my baby. He is now in the 89% and is nearly 5lbs. Those stats scared me into action. Who likes to be told that they are fat? It's worse when the doctor is telling you that your child is VERY BIG. I have cut out refined sugar from my diet. I have replaced it with Splenda (which I hate) so I just go for the sweet yummy fruits like watermelon, pineapple and mango.
I've misplaced the latest ultra sound image of our little boy. Honestly, I couldn't really make out the body parts anyway because he was moving too much. Derek thinks that he will have my eyes and lips, I think he'll have his daddy's cheeks and nose...I hope that combination makes for a very handsome little boy.
I had Derek take this picture a few minutes ago...I know my hair is a mess but it is reality and I have my bad hair days. Derek threatened to stop taking profile pictures of me if I continue complaining about how huge I am. I'll just complain about how huge our son is. I can feel his every move now. I can identify his large hard head and his feet. My entire belly tends to shift back and forth and it looks odd, but I'm glad that he is active. I'd be worried otherwise. I'm counting down the days to delivery day!
3 comments:
Yup you look like a snow man....just kidding. You look pregnant!
Im as so EXCITED. Just make sure you don't worry about texting people that he's arrived or worry about posting pics- leave that to your lovely husband. And make sure you have your hospital bag ready to go (even though I never used anything from mine except an outfit for Arianna to come home in)Still it's always nice to be prepared. You guys are going to be fan-freakin-awesome-tastic parents!
You don't look HUGE! Like your brother said, you just look like your pregnant, it is how you should look.
I was going to comment that I think your hair looks great! Then I read that you said it was a mess and I laughed. I love your messy hair look.
Well, good luck, it is coming so soon. Can't wait to hear the name and see pics.
Post a Comment