I had goals to be productive while grandma was here but instead I let her take care of Acalias while I'd rest, relax and sometimes nap. I've had so many exhausting nights but after a month I think I can handle being mom and wife without any help.
The best part about having grandma here is i've come to know more about her and the life that has made her who she is. After the passing of my Maternal grandmother in June, I felt that should take advantage of the time I have with Grandma Nativa. It was time I question, listen and learn from her and her life experiences. Grandma has always been very aware of my needs (and siblings) throughout our childhood and has helped out with out any expectation of reward for her efforts. She has loved me unconditionally, I'm so blessed to have her in my life.

Grandma immigrated from Haiti in 1969, this is her Green card photo. Dosn't she look fabulous? She was 38 years old but many thought she was 10 years younger.
Now for pictures in her Golden years...40 years later
Acalias is going to really miss being held by her.
Skofeild is going to miss all the attention he's recieved from her.
and I'll miss no laundry, a clean orderly home, a trustworthy babysitter and dinner at 5pm everyday. It's hard to keep up with time restraints with a little one on a schedule of his own.
2 comments:
Your right! After Grandma Mele past away I have been thinking about my relationship with Grandma Nativa. Thanks for this post I really needed to read that. Tu hermano
Hey. I notice the fuzzibunz diapers. How are you liking them?
Post a Comment