Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Review: The Good Earth


I haven't read a really great book in a long time so when I find one, I like to share it. I read this book in less than a week, I couldn't put it down. My friend recommended this book after I had mentioned that I enjoyed "clean" cultural books. This book is a classic written by Pearl S. Buck. The plot is about rags to riches and the experiences and personal growth that comes from it. At times it made my blood boil because the main character worked so hard but the culture was collective and he was forced to give up his hard earned silver to his idle uncle. It was interesting to read about what became of his sons and the influence of riches in their behavior. It's a great read and I know my little review doesn't do it justice so if you have a spare minute, this book is well worth your time.

2 comments:

LAINA said...

Love this book!

Married Mannings said...

Thanks for the recommedation. I'm always looking for more books to add to my list :)