Monday, June 14, 2010

Countdown to a Miracle

It's crazy to look at my pregnancy ticker and see that I only have 15 more days until our son will be here! Last week had our weekly Doctor appointment to check and see if I was dilated and to monitor the growth of our son. An ultra sound was ordered because he is still measuring very large. The ultra sound reported that he is 8 lbs 14 oz! The Doctor suggested that I walk more to induce labor so I've been trying to walk 2x a day.

Here is the latest picture of his face. I told Derek that he for sure has his cheeks. I really can't tell what his other features will look like.

I've been super uncomfortable so I've started having conversations with my belly "Son I know your uncomfortable in there don't you want to come out already?" "I can feel you elbows and your feet, there can't be much more room in there". Derek says it's not up to our son, it's up to my body...so I guess I'll keep walking, I even threatened to run but then I remembered the extra 35lbs on me and decided not to.


We went to a pool in a nearby town, I felt weightless for 2 hours. It felt sooo good!More updates to come. If there is a sudden lack of posts, you'll know that our son has come. Derek hasn't learned to blog, nor does he have the desire but I'll make him post a picture when our son finally gets here.

3 comments:

Married Mannings said...

I hope he comes soon!!

Jo Lynn said...

I sure hope he comes soon, he's big and that will just be much easier on you! Hang in there girl, I know it's so hard especially in the end. So glad you guys went swimming, that's the best place to be! I actually labored in our bath tub for hours and then once at the hospital I got into the Birthing tub and labored as long as I could before I got an epidural. It takes the pressure off your back and abdomen! You guys are in our prayers, I hope he comes soon!

Oh and your husband better post something so we all know it happened! :)

Simi B. Cazeau said...

I predict you have the baby on the 26th of June...