Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We planned a weekend get away to several sites that Derek is interested in for rotations. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Medical school curriculum, Derek will have all of his class work completed by June. The upcoming two years will be spent rotating with a doctor(observing & performing procedures). Students can fulfill their rotations anywhere with in the state of West Virginia.
We would both like to live in a bigger city so we visited Parkersburg, Wheeling & Clarksburg. Parkersburg actually had sidewalks! It still seemed a bit small to me but Derek toured both hospitals and seemed impressed. I was happy to learn that the nearest temple is in Columbus, Ohio only 2 hours away rather than 5 hours we usaully travel to the D.C temple:) Wheeling is located in between Ohio and Pensylvania. The area the hospital was located in reminded me of of my mission in Oakland, California...so I'm not too giddy about that site selection. I think I'd worry too much especially if Derek was working really late into the night in that area. We talked to several locals who advised us of areas to stay away from, great neighborhoods to live in and so forth.

Here we are at a rest stop in Ohio on our way to Wheeling.

Clarksburg has a brand new hospital that hasn't opened yet. The area seems comfortable and diverse. We stopped by their Italian festival while we were there, I hadn't see so many people in one location since I attended the state fair last year.

Acalias did really well for his first trip. He cried only when he was hungry or needed to be changed, otherwise he was sleeping or grinning at me. I'm hoping that our trip to Utah will be just as smooth.

4 comments:

Mollie said...

So cute Nativa!!!

Simi B. Cazeau said...

Tengo un foto de Braxten en la sofa y se parece mucha a Acalias. I'll blog about it.

Lithie said...

OMG!!! he is so big nativa! i cant get over how much he has grown he is soooo cute and has the best smile!
dude are you rockin your skinny jeans already?? scared of you!
u look great!
so nice chatting the other day miss you!

Jo Lynn said...

That's exciting!!! He is so precious, those cheeks and smiles..can't wait to hold him!