Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lately...

I once heard that the sound of a crying baby was a form of torture. I didn't think much of that statement until this week.

I found this article online to confirm it, the following paragraph hit the nail on the head as to how I've been feeling:

Sheila Kitzinger, a British social anthropologist who studies pregnancy and childbirth, has written, "The sound of a crying baby...is just about the most disturbing, demanding, shattering noise we can hear." The United States military has reportedly used the sound of wailing infants as an instrument of psychological stress, piping recordings of their cries into cells of detainees at Guantanamo Bay. (www.daddytypes.com)

Am I the only mother who has felt helpless even after caring for all my child's basic needs? Based on the latest news reports, I know that I am not. I'm happy to report that Acalias is over his sickness but it has been replaced with a relentless crying. Oh how I wished that we lived closer to family so that I could just drop him off and know that he is loved and cared for so that I could take a breather.

Thank goodness for prayer and my treadmill I have my sanity. This week will be better, I know it:)

1 comment:

Julie Knowlton said...

Nativa,

I just spent way too much time getting caught up on your blog! :) I don't know what you are talking about when you say you want to improve it. I was thoroughly entertained (obviously)! First, I can't get over how scrumptious Acalias is. He is so beautiful, just like his momma! You look so fabulous...I am so proud of you for running a half marathon. Such a great accomplishment. I also think you are so great for using cloth diapers. I am all on board for that but I just got too lazy and never got around to it. You are wonder woman!

I am sorry Acalias has been crying so much lately. Beau went through a spurt like that and it was like constant anxiety in our home. You do deserve a breather! :)

XOXO
Julie