Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Plateauing

I'm still chugging away, I've got 15 lbs to go. Earlier this week I pulled out my storage boxes labled "skinny clothes". I hadn't worn anything in the boxes since Derek and I first got married. It was thrilling to put my old clothes on without having to lie down on the bed to button them up!

6 months ago, a woman who sees me every week came up to me and while looking me over said "You have gained a lot of weight!". I was mortified, I was already feeling uncomfortable in post baby body and the comment contributed to my insecurities. The comment fueled my motivation to shed my baby weight. Since then, I've lost 60lbs! People are starting to notice and it's a great feeling to recieve positive complements.

I've rewarded myself with a suspension training workout series called Rip60. When I held a gym membership last year, it was a class called TRX and I loved it. I'm not into weight lifting so this is the closest I will get to weights. I really like that it is strengthening my core, I'm currently on week 3 and I can feel my core in action on a daily basis now.


Yes, it is as hard as it looks! The other day tears shot out of my eyes and my limbs trembled as I held one of the plank positions for 60 seconds. I never thought that I would relate to all the contestants who cry on the reality weighloss TV shows. I confess that I didn't have much sympathy for them before now.



I'm currently training for the HospiceCare 10k Chocolate Chase here in Lewisburg on April 9th. A few of my friends are planning to run it with me so it's nice to have fellow runners to check in with. My goal is to run it in 60 minutes, a slower pace due to the variations of hills throughout the corse.

In May, I will be traveling to San Fransisco to visit my mom. I have signed up for the Cinderella Trail 1/2 Marathon in Oakland, CA on May 14th. This race has sentimental significance to me because I started running on my mission, the trail is one of the courses my companions and I ran on our P-days. I'm so excited, I can still vizualize the trail in my mind. I loved the tall trees, the smells, the misty cool air and the summits that overlook the Oakland temple and city. I loved serving a mission in Oakland, California it's a city that will always be special to me.

Stay tuned for "Before" and "After" pictures... My goal is to make my goal weight by May 2011:)

1 comment:

Burk Family said...

Nativa, first of all, what a wench that woman was to make a comment like that. Second, good for you for losing so much weight. 60lbs is A-mazing! And that system you bought looks like it would kick my can. Good grief. You look great and happy and I'm glad we've reconnected!