Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Still Waiting...

Everyday for the past week I've either received a phone call or text message inquiring whether we've had our son yet. NOPE...still waiting. Derek and Skofeild are doing a lot of this...

Derek and I have both had severe allergies this week so he took some time off work. He has lost his voice and he is constantly coughing. I tease him about being my labor coach, he's going to need Que cards that say "Breath"... "Relax" and so forth. I have a rash that is devouring my entire body, I've been taking beneydryl which makes me so drowsy.

Skofeild has been extra affectionate, he likes to cuddle with us whenever he gets a chance. He flips out whenever Derek tries to take a picture of me and him but he seems pretty calm whenever I take pictures.

When I'm not "nesting" or napping, I'm doing a lot of this...

Some days it takes a lot for me to get on the treadmill but between the excessive heat and the overall feeling of being heavy I've been trying everything to induce labor. I'm listening to salsa on my i-pod, it's music that always makes me want to move:) I'm thinking about taking my i-pod with me when I go into labor, maybe it will distract me from the pain.

The walking has helped the baby get into position, I've posted a couple of pictures of two angles so that you will notice that my stomach isn't as high as it once was.

You'd think that I had a set of twins in my belly by my size. As far as we know we're only having one.

At our last check up I was dilated at a 2.5 cm. I was expecting to go into labor any day now. Several of my friends said that they were dilated at a 2.5 for an entire months so that squashed my hopes of going into labor any day. Wish us luck, we are so...Excited!

2 comments:

LAINA said...

You look great with your baby belly. Looks like you are ready to get him out, but sounds like he is super cozy.

Hopefully you will be holding your little guy soon. Can't wait to see pictures of him and hear his name once he is born.

Good luck!

Mollie said...

Oh girl! I think about you everyday. I hope he comes soon!